Monday 31 October 2011

DUDLEY!




4th episode. As usual, this one is my favourite so far. I was really hyped to get some of this stuff outside of training mode and to get everything to KO. Bonus points for anyone who can name the 3 themes used in the remix. Transcript follows...

Transcript:

vs Guile - frwd+MK, cr.LP, st.LP, st.HK xx LP.mgb, st.HK xx ducking > upper xx FADC, cr.LP, st.MP, st.LK-MK, cr.LP xx LP.mgb, cr.LP xx LP.mgb, cr.LP xx LP.mgb, cr.LP xx LP.mgb, cr.LP xx LP.dp

vs Seth - Standard stun combo > death from above

vs Sim - Juggling with dat ex.mgb (set-up was to trade with a far cr.LP/cr.HK)

vs Makoto - j.HP, st.LP-MP, st.LP, st.HK xx ducking>upper xx FADC, st.LP, st.MK-HK-HP
************
j.HK, st.HK xx EX.mgb, LP.mgb, cr.HK, LP.mgb, cr.HK, ducking xx super, cr.HK, LP.mgb, cr.LP, frwd+MP

vs Yun -FA lv2, combo, super
************
LP.MGB, st.MP xx super

vs Chun - Spending meter
************
cr.HK x 5, ducking>upper xx Super

vs Ken - st.HK xx EX.mgb, LP.mgb, EX.dp, LP.dp... EX.counter
************
EX.counter, Ultra 2

vs Sim - j.HP, cr.HP, st.HK xx ducking>upper xx FADC, st.LP, st.HK xx EX.mgb, ex.ducking>straight, HP.dp *STUN* Lv3 FA, frwd+HP, Ultra 2
************
LP.mgb, st.MP xx Taunt

vs Guile j.HK, cr.LP, st.LP, st.HK xx LP.mgb, cr.LP xx LP.mgb, cr.LP xx LP.mgb, cr.LP xx EX.ducking>upper xx FADC, cr.LP, st.LP, cr.LP xx LP.dp, EX.ducking>straight, LP.mgb, Ultra 2

Vs Boxer 1 - Lv3 FA, cr.HK, ducking>upper xx FADC, EX.ducking>straight, EX.ducking>straight, cr.HK, cr.HK, Ultra 2

Extra - Lots of loops vs Boxer. Using EX.Ducking to get out of and then back into the loop. Lots and lots and lots of tight links in here. Doing it outside of training mode was not easy and doing it over and over until I got the final hit to KO was super hype. I am a geek.

18 comments:

  1. This one is my favourite so far. Transitions from super to 3S look better than super to alpha, and this mix is niiiiiiiiice.

    I vote Cody next.

    Unrelated to Dudley or my vote, do you know if Ibuki has an infinite loop from lp, mk, sjc kunai back into lp? The combo from mk to kunai is possible, but I'm not consistent enough with it to land a jab afterwards since it also requires correct spacing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried that for soooo long when SSFIV first came out. I couldn't get it and I'm sure if it was possible someone using tool-assistance would have found it by now.

    How come everyone wants Cody? lol. So many votes for him at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot btw dude :) I meant to say that in the above comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. desk, I have a lot of potential combo concepts for your eventual Seth video. I looked all over for some sort of email or contact information and I couldn't find any. Would you be interested in hearing out my ideas or is this a strictly solo project? Seth has lots of combo potential I rarely see in combo videos and I thought maybe I could be useful. If not, it's totally cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks man, I'm not sure how soon I'll get around to Seth or even if I will at all unfortunately. I'd strongly recommend that you put some stuff together yourself if you have the means though. It's always awesome to see new combo vids by a new player :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SICK.

    These combos got some mad flash to em. Editing must take awhile, looks great though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can now die a happy man *tears up like a gentleman*

    Bonus- Float from your Calcius Repton stuff?, Dudley theme, Boxer theme

    ReplyDelete
  9. Desk, always inspiring. Thanks for your amazing work.

    Also, Hakan next! I think everyone agrees with me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your videos are quite inspirational. Any chance that you will make a one featuring Gen?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cody?! metro city needs some ninja love!

    and i know you can play this bassline Desk ;)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHJjiz6WsBI

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, such a good choice dude (and an awesome bassline)! FF has some sick music.

    Everyone wants Cody, the people have spoken!

    @jumanjo it was dudley theme from 3s, Dudley Theme from 2I (very different but very awesome track) and Boxer from the SF2 series.

    Huge thanks everyone, character votes are noted and counted. New Ep on Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yo desk where can we download all your remixes for the characters...like i really want the dudley one for my ringtone :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Damn I'd love to view this video again =\

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to listen to this music again...

    ReplyDelete
  16. This needs to be re-released....

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The music for all of these seriously should be released. I'd pay money for it!

    ReplyDelete